Tuesday 17 December 2013

Just Call Me Double Jazz

Well, I have to admit I have a smile on me mush today - The Trojan One had a final tweak or three and plays deevine and oh, oh and oh, those Mojo Mosrite pickups are something else. I won't try and describe them - as clearly I will just confuse myself and not be alone - but wow. Simply that. Double wow.

And the middle position is just Creamy McDreamy.

So what next, I hear nobody cry?

Well, I'm glad you never asked as with the last  couple of days before the Xmas holibobs are upon me, I am going to try and finish something else.

I know what you are thinking, what's with all the  last minute bobbins when all you've done is sit on your chuff since "taking the summer off to find yourself", and it would be a fair point. A fair point indeed.

And I have no excuse apart from sloth.

So, self-loathing apart, I will be turning my meager talents toward The Diamond Shiny One, and a Tele I will make. And I have to say that I think it is the best idea ever and mark my words, Fender will be nicking it and flogging Teles with Gold Foil pickups at the neck before too long and claiming it as a masterstroke.

I guarantee it.

They'll give it a funny name, maybe the Vintage-Made-Up-If-Only-We'd-Thought-Of-This-Fifty-Years-Ago model, though probably in pigeon Spanish, and it'll be a Custom shop jobby, move to a Mexican one that nobody likes before getting it right with a Squier.

Writings on the wall, telling you. Probably get Ry Cooder to squiggle his name on the headstock.

So there we are.

Whatever it was.

La la laaaaa

No comments: