Saturday 21 December 2013

Free The Jooky One

Well, a while back I did this little 'how to Jookify your guitar' thing on The Fretboard, and at the time one of the founders of said forum - we'll call him 'Tony', as that is his name - also gave me a second body to defile (that is going to pop up on some strange web searches) but I completely forgot to do a thing about it.

Anyway, thru guilt and for no other good reason, I decided to do something for once and in the process hopefully raise a few bob for the forum, which has no advertising, is UK based and accounts for 90% of my spare time and the Classifieds probably 120% of my residual income.

So the plan is that I will take the body that Tony made and turn it into a rather cool guitar.

And the guitar will be a bit special - the body you can see, but it will also have a neck, which is useful, one of those rosewood/maple/bound/blocked jobbies I've been pleased with in recent times.

Tuners will be Sperzels, the bridge will either be a Fender Tele one or a Hipshot hard tail jobby, not sure yet, and the pickups will be a Gimp Tele pup at the bridge and a Mojo Gold Foil at the neck.

So basically it is going to be one groovy mama of a guitar.

As for the finish, well, haven't quite decided that yet but I think I'll have a little fun with it.

And as for the finale of this little show, I'm going to give it away to a random member of the Fretboard community.. For free. no money and basically bugger all.

Or rather I will give it to one member that has shown his/her dedication to the cause of interwebby freedom by making a  donation toward the running costs of this oasis of GAS.

So if you fancy your chances of getting a shot at what is destined to be a spectacular lump of guitarish delight, you need to...

1. Join The Fretboard - and if you do, stick around, there are some great people on there and I've learnt more about guitarythings there, than from anywhere else. If you are on Facebook or Twitter you don't even have  to register, just logon by clicking a little icon thing, and then

2. Make a wee donation to the cause, the thread Here explains all

3. Cross thine fingers...

La la laaa


No comments: