Tuesday 6 December 2011

Winding Down...

Squier Jaguar Bass
Nice, but no banana
Well, I have had a few distracted days that have seen me Jookiless, and with only a handful of freedomhours left before the Xmas holibobs need to be endured, the truth is that I probably won't be getting much done until next year.

Saying that, I am rather chuffin chuffed at the things that have been built in Jookyland this year- I kinda miss the fabric, but the leaf and corrosion is quite satisfying too, it has to be said.

In fact I am going to do an annual fabric covered guitar, just for old times sake. If I remember.

Other than the lack of paisley in my life, the only regret I have is that over a year on, The Old Burny One is still not complete. I've said it before but it really is true that some guitars seem to take a lot longer than others, though why I don't know. So maybe I should at least try and fix that baby, tis a time of miracles, after all.

More personally, I've been reducing my own guitars - distilling maybe - and am left with a Jazzmaster *sigh*, The Golden Shower One if it ever returns from the fixer-upper chap in Clevedon, my rather knackered Gordo and a decrepid acoustic. Everything else has gone. Oh, I have my mandolin still.

I also have the Jaguar Bass that showed up today, but it won't be Jookified after all so I'm punting-that-on. It is lovely, just that I know I wouldn't play it and if I'm going to do a bass it should be better. I also just flogged my Blackheart Killer Ant amp as I fancy a change of scenery - so a bit of shopping to do there methinks.

But anyway, normal service should resume on Thursday...a toodle and a pip to you for now.

No comments: