Wednesday 14 December 2011

Tidings of Apathy and well, whatever.

Well, I know it isn't that unusual - in fact I worked it out and during 2011 we have actually had nothing for sale at all for 38 of the 52 weeks, but I still feel the urge to apologise to the occasional passer-by with nothing to buy.


So I'm sorry - OK?

Don't go on so.

What is more unusual is that the Coming Soon list will soon be showing lack all as well, assuming I do put The Old Burny One back together again, which I surely will get an hour or two to do this week in between Oratorio and Nativities.

At the end of last year I wrote a crazy big massive wish list of all the guitars I wanted to make. I'll dig it out and see how it went, but I have a feeling that a lot of them actually happened, even though it rarely came about as I imagined up front.

All of which sets me up for next year and what I should do. On one side I've thought again about going the custom route, but I still think it would kill the fun for me so I probably won't.

In truth I know that really I'll just plod along and make it up as I go along. It's been cool so far so why worry so much? I don't know, but I tend to.

As for individuals, well I've got an Explorer to build, and the Gordo to fixer-upper, which is not Jooky but sort of relevant. And of course I have a big roll of rosewood veneer which is meant to be top of the list.

After that, well, we'll see.

There isn't going to be a big wish list this year, just going to enjoy the journey instead.

Yeah man.


In other news, I divested myself of my beautifully far-too-loud 3/4 of a watt BlackHeart Killer Ant, and instead got a much quieter 20watt Fender Mustang. Which doesn't make sense but it has a master switch and the most lovely clean sounds. Not that I've strayed far from the Fender Twin Reverb setting so far, with the odd dalliance in Bassman territory.

La la laaaa

No comments: