Monday 12 December 2011

Not So Comfy, Anymore

Well, I'm waiting around for a courier again, have The Old Burny One ready to put together but can't do it right now and am easing into the Xmas sloth easily and without complaint.

Not having much chance to do anything useful then, I thought I'd have a wee look at my rosewood veneer stuff, and see if I can work out what I'm meant to be doing with it.

Opening the package was the first hurdle - coiled spring-like it was, and the wood basically exploded into my face. First blood to the wood then. Literally. More claret than rosey, methinks.

Anyway, I chopped a couple of bits off and somehow I seem to have acquired the right width as side-by-side it will cover my Tele body.

So, trying to be grown-up about it, I've got a bit of scrap wood I'm going to glue these parts onto and see if I have the right end of the stick. Then I'm going to play with the finish a bit before I try it on the guitar body proper.

Cautiously optometrist then, I think I am.

No comments: