Thursday 3 December 2009

Running out of excuses


Well, if I was looking for an excuse not to start, that time is over as all the parts (pretty much) have arrived for the Paisley one.

Saying that, I haven't started yet as I need to work out a few placement issues and beg, borrow or buy some chisels to make the hole big enough for the P90, but start I soon will.

I've also got to work out exactly how I'm going to fit the cloth to the guitar body, which seemed a lot more trivial before the cloth arrived.

Nice colours though.

I'm quite pleased with how the Soapbar looks, against the material. I'm thinking now that I should definitely try to cover the old scratchplate with the paisley too, at least to see how it works.

OK, it is paisley, and the maker even named it Woodstock, but I'm quite pleased that it doesn't look too paisley, in a Fender kind of way.

Actually, I'm not trying to avoid this at all (though adhesive, I've just realised will come in handy), I can't wait to get started.


No comments: