Friday 11 December 2009

Bugged, for the lack of a Hole Saw


Well, my little Amy-tone amp was ready to go, and all I needed to do was put it in it's tin (I had decided to use a cigarette tin for this one - absolutely gorgeous and time-stained it is) and typically something screwed-up.

Oh, the amp worked, and the tin is perfect.
The hot glue was warming nicely -
all I needed was to cut a hole.

But that was fine, and I thought  it wouldn't be a problem
after all I had bought a set of hole saws.

Lovely little toothy things that you put on your drill
cut holes
perfect.

You see I want the speaker to drop into a hole in the top of the tin.
Nowt flash, but neat, if you see what I mean.

But nope - the hole saws I had bought were only for wood and plaster (despite being advertised as 'bi-metal' and fit for purpose, as it were.)

Teach me to trust poxy eBay sellers of dodgy merchandise.

So I've got to get the right one now..

Another week gone

Blahhh.

No comments: