Monday 21 December 2009

Another One Bites The Dust


Well, The Gonzo Gonzalez One didn't hang around. As I said, I have been a bizzy little chap this weekend, and Gonzo was one of the products of my labours, as it were. The rest I'll show you tomorrow or later anyway.

But Gonzo is done and gone now, gord bless him, destined to sit under a tree for a few days and hopefully bring a little cheer in the New Year.

It made me realise that I've not talked about our 'Trademark Jooky Wrapping' before now, so I guess this is as good a moment as any.

(I know I should probably claim that somebody has asked, but the truth of the matter is that nobody has, I just feel like telling you about it. Not the most interesting topic, to be honest, but there we are. It is snowing outside though, which is probably of more exciting relevence.)

But the wrapping. Well, as the foto on the left or right, depending on your perspective shows, we like to wrap our amps the old fashioned way. A nice bit of brown paper (bonded, I like a bit of bonding), with this being tied using good olde worlde twine or string or whatever you call it. With the finishing touch being a nice olde fasioned-e tag or label or whatever they are called.

You know,
the brown paper ones that you tie on with yet more string.

Why do we do this?
Well, I like how they look to be honest, and it does seem fitting that all of this filth be delivered in a plain covering.

Oh, and although nobody has asked this either, no, we don't post things out with no more protection than a few microns of brown paper, the brown paper wrapped parcel is put into something stronger that will hopefully help it survive being the football in a variety of sorting offices across the land.

And before an imaginary postie gets in touch and starts an argument I'll have to wage on the pages of this site/blog thing, I know you play football with the parcels as I used to work in a sorting office
so get lost gitski.

I think I'll go and watch the snow a while
Much calmer

nite nite

No comments: