Tuesday 1 December 2009

Purple Paze




It's in my brain..

la la

Well, not a lot more to report as far as the paisley strat goes, apart from that I'm trying to get my head around what I'm going to do with the scratchplate. I've been looking to buy one (which goes against the grain), but as you might expect there aren't exactly a lot of Strat plates cut to house a single P90 soapbar. I did however, find one for a single humbucker, and at a push I'm guessing I can make the hole a wee bit bigger somehow or other.

That, is OK, I guess.

I managed to find one company who are a bit more flexible and will actually cut one to fit for me, but it's looking to be £25ish and that seems a wee bit on the bleedin' 'ell side of things.

I was cutting up about the tenner the humbucker one was going for.

As an alternative, I have actually got a scratchplate which maybe I can use somehow. The only downsides are that it is white, not black, is left handed and has been cut to fit three single coils. Clearly, not ideal but it does have the benefit of being cheaply free.

If I do use it, the plan will be to flip it over, scrape off the sticky silver foil shielding stuff, cut the P90 shape out and then cover it with some of the paisley cloth.

Apart from over the hole, of course.

OK, not ideal but it should (hopefully) give a nice magic eye effect, and make the scratchplate look 3D.

Well, maybe.

I may of course have to splash out, we'll just have to see.

Since I've started on my paisley route, I have of course seen Richie Sambora Paisley Strats everywhere I've been.

Well, where there have been guitars, I mean not in the Co-Op or anywhere like that.

Just the way of things though. I'm just chuffed mine is going to look so much better (ahem)


No comments: