Monday 28 December 2009

DIY Dunce



It might seem odd, the fact that we have this Jooky place, making and (finally) selling some quite luverly amps and soon-to-be-seen effects and maybe not-quite-so-soon-to-be-seen-but-soon-enough, some handmade guitars, whilst at the same time I'm writing about how useless I am at DIY over on the quite excellent Guitar Tools web site.

It might seem weird, but there we are, the fact that Jooky is (to my mind) such a cool thing is only enhanced because when it comes to DIY I am indeed a technical cripple.

Jooky is cool despite me.
I can live with that.

Anyway, I haven't talked about the DIY Dunce column before so I thought I'd point you at it.

At the moment, it has a description of how I was guided thru the build of a guitar kit by my much-better-at-this-than-me six-year-old son, and in the New Year there should be new features on building a Cigar Box Guitar and some effects pedals, and who knows what else.

So have a look why don't you, it is OVER HERE.

No comments: