Thursday 24 December 2009

Learning Bottleneck Slide - With Keni Lee Burgess


I think I said earlier that I've been getting more and more into playing Cigar Box Guitars, and especially playing slide.

I've also no doubt mentioned that I'm not that good.

Good fun
Less good sound.

Anyway, as I'm not one to pass up a snog with a passing gift horse, I was well chuffed to get a pre-Christmas package in the post from the American busker and music teacher Keni Lee Burgess containing his video CD.

It was only ordered four days previously from the US of A, which is quicker than anything I've ordered in the UK recently, so fair play to him.

Anyway, I haven't got too far yet but I thought I'd give it a mention as what I have looked at is excellent and the man himself is quite a teacher. Not too technical (for us luddite divs) and yet covering everything you really want to know - like how to play some really good blues, and why it was really good in the first place.

I'll write a proper review sometime, but first impressions are very promising and good enough for me to recommend.

You can find out more about Keni HERE
You can buy your own copy HERE for about Ten quid delivered to the UK, and you really should.
Watch some of Keni's lessons and playing on YouTube HERE

No comments: