Wednesday 19 February 2014

Mr Whippy - I Want to Ru-u-un

Well, don't ask me how, as it has been a voyage of discoveryness, but I seem to have gotten the fretless wonder that is The Whipped One all fettled and groovy and I can even play it a bit now too.

It is total fun and like learning to play a new instrument in a lot of ways, but that is all cool.

I never realised how many scales I could play (intentionally) along a single string, but it is a useful thing to know.

All that is left to do is to nail on a pickguard, and I have in fact asked those groovy people at Custom CoolEtch to fashion me one of their visual delights, so that will no doubt look funky cool.

However, earlier I had forgotten that and instead chopped myself one out of a copy of U2's The Joshua Tree.

Which itself looks rather spiffy too.

So I'm not sure which one I will eventually use, but maybe both or even I could force myself to make a fretted La Cab too.

That would be fun.

In fact, as you have probably surmised, I genuinely haven't a clue as to what I'm doing right now.

La la laaaa

No comments: