Tuesday 4 February 2014

Introducing: The Sally James One

Well, Jooky guitars are like buses, although smaller and a lot safer if you are traveling beneath a low bridge and trying to be cool on the top deck, mooning out the back window.

And so I am pleased, chuffed and everything else to introduce you to The Sally James One, my rather lovely Mustang...

And a wee star is our Sally, two piece swamp ash body, a corroded copper finish all over, or rather corroding as over the aeons it will continue to get bluier and greenier too.

The neck is a lovely 24" scale handful, it really is lovely, and nailed into that red tortie 'plate are a couple of hotter than vintage, Mojo Pickups Mustang, err, pickups which are awesome. As usual.

This is the first ever Jooky Mustang and I must admit I only made it as I'd bought a Squier one and being a leetle disappointed, then tried a CIJ and that wasn't really any better (which surprised me). but this definitely nails that sonic Nirvana (tee & hee) in my head and you just have to love slidy buttons, so many tones.

So there we are, The Sally James One, not just for Saturdays.

La la laaa

p.s. Excuse the Rainbow strings, I'm getting curious in my old age.





No comments: