Wednesday 5 February 2014

In Alcaeus We Trust

Well, today is all about The Diamond Shiny One, with the slight problem that I came to put the neck on and noticed it has split.

Which is a troublesome detail, but there we are.

Other than that it is looking good -- shorter than nature intended, but as a new neck should arrive tomorrow, it isn't the end of this or even the next world.

On the  plus side I noticed before I started fitting the tuners etc. so I'm not doubly miffed.

All of which made me think of obscure Greek poets from six centuries before the little baby Jesus showed up, which naturally made me think about the rather spiffy one-piece swamp ash Jazzmaster body under my stairs and that I would quite like to make another Jazzmaster.

So that is the plan, and after swearing I would never go for a Mother of Jooky finish again after enjoying the process so much with The Whipped One, I am, err, going to do just that.

Basically then it is a homage to a pearly white Jazzmaster, clearly has to have a red tortie scratchplate, a rather dishy big handful of a Warmoth neck, all the usual fixtures and fittings and there we are.

What I can't decide is what sort of pickups to put in it. Don't get me wrong, you can't beat the Mojo Jazzmaster jobbies, but after my dalliances with Mosrite and Gold Foils, I do have the urge to go west young man.

I'm sure I will work it out though...

So that will be The Alcaeus One, sometime, whenever I can be arsed.

La la laaaa

No comments: