Monday 15 July 2013

WIP: The Sappho One


Well, I got a lovely box off the miserable UPS chap this morning, opened it with casual abandon, and peeping from the wrapping was the body of The Sappho One.

And to say I was slightly impressed, agag and agog, ecstatic, pleased and ever so slightly awed, would be a lot of vowels. So instead I think I'll just say I am rather happy with what Rich has done to it.

If you remember, I've always wanted a Lake Placid Blue Jazzmaster, and that is what Rich has done. Taken my rather lovely swamp ash body, given it all manner of layers of silver, blue and tinted clear nitro, and then delicately crazed it... And it truly is amazing work. I came to conclusion that I didn't want it relickified, so no dinks scratches or belt sanders were harmed, but it does look old - like it was bought a long time ago and then just left to do it's own thing. And of course it will continue to age, which comes to most of us too.

As for the rest, well I'm waiting for the proper neck - a nice Ebony boarded Jazzmaster jobby with a U shaped neck and flamed maple stick - so in the meantime I'm going to use a Warmoth Strat one which is equally beautiful - Anigre and a slab Kingswood 'board - well posh.

Other than that Marc at Mojo Pickups is making me a pair of Jazzmaster sized pups based on a Gold Foil and a  Mosrite jobby, as well as the usual loom, which means it should sound just about as cool as it looks.

La laaa and indeedy laaaaaaaaaaaaaaa


















No comments: