Tuesday 30 July 2013

I Got To Thinking..and Wondering, What You think

Well, like I say, I've been dreaming up a new Jookyland over the last few months, trying to make it all work in me bonce and generally make everything cool and yet also groovy. Not for the first time, I must admit.

And I think I have got there - I know what guitars I want to make in the future, how it will work and everything else. Just a simple case of doing it now, which is all very excitement laden and I can feel the joy already.


Saying that, there is one thing I haven't quite nailed down though, and if you have tuppence, I'd appreciate you chucking it in. All suggestions gravelly appreciated and all that.

The thing is I want it all to make a little difference somehow. I've given  quite a few Jookies away over the last few years - The Tickled Pink One being the one most people will remember, but it has (like everything) been quite ad-hoc, and it would be better if it was formalised.

So I was thinking, do I do the environmental thing and plant some trees for every guitar that sells?

Or should I give every (for example) fifth guitar away to a young upper-and-a-comer.?

Maybe I should make a donation to Jail Guitar Doors which could be better still - it always seemed a cool idea to me - This Guitar Kills Time, after all.

Or maybe I should just pick a charity each year and give some dosh each time I flog a guitar.

Or even more of a  probably maybe there is something else I'm missing.

Don't get me wrong, I'm nowhere near minted, don't aim to make a profit as the Jooky economy is generally in the red, but if I plan it in now it can work and so it probably should..

But what to do?

I don't tend to look for suggestions too often, but now would be grand if you have some :o)

La la laaaa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just seen 2 jookies on eBay not being sold by you! I d put bids in but I doubt I could afford the reserves.

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

I hadn't noticed them - good spot. I must admit I loved The Bergasol One, the top was almost 3D in daylight and the rust on The Old-E was . I ummed a bit about the Gretsch pickup but it turned out really well..