Saturday 27 July 2013

A Summery Boo and a Galoo

Well, I've decided to pretty much take the summer holibobs off, and am all a-plotting-and-a-planning, but it does seem a bit silly that The Boogaloo One is sitting here in all it's ready-2-go glory and I am once more Jookiless, so I think I'll squeeze it in along the way somewhere.

And I've had a bit of a re-jig on this one too, so I thought I'd set it in Kwiky-concrete and make myself another list - something to hold onto in the stormy, bratski-infested weeks ahead.

So from the top - it is my lovely Ricky 620 infuenced, yet semi-acoustic ash body, complete with a time stained white finish.

Pickups are a pair of Marc Ransleys, special Toaster sized Gold Foils, and he has done me an equally classy and classic wiring loom to go with itt.

From there  I paid thru the nose for some Rickenbacker scratchplates to complete the look - I did make some out of old records, but it didn't really work visually, you win a few.

As for the neck, this is a bit of a change as I was going to put it on The Sappho One, but instead Boogaloo will boast a quite beautiful Warmoth neck made of exotic woods that I can't remember off the top of my head but may include Granillo. The Sappho Will have something equally gorgeous, but with a big headstock.

What else? Well, I've gone for a proper Bigsby B5 and Ricky bridge some amazingly lovely Gotoh tuners and well, that is about it I think. Oh, and of course the obligatory Gotoh strap pins, my faves. mustn't forget them.

All of which means it is just  the most expensive, parts-wise, guitar I'll have made, but that is what I am thinking at the moment, less is more and Jesus wants me for a Telegram Sam in a Cardie. Should be a nice summer...

La la laaaaaa

No comments: