Monday 29 July 2013

Old Friends


Well, I know they say you should never go back, but a fair old while ago, I picked up a lovely Epiphone Dot with a broken neck, and fixed it with glue and to make the repair invisible, covered it with a Mr Bump Plaster.

Typically, I then passed it on to a nice chap called Simon in a motorway services somewhere, and there we are.

Anyway, after something circuitous in the route dept. I seem to have it back. No Mr Bump, unfortunately, but with the pickups upgraded to a pair of IronGears - a Blues Engine and a Dirty Torque - and rather lovely it is too.

In fact (forgetting the obvious why-did-I-ever-get-rid delusions) it is all good fun and the guitar I'm picking up most at the moment, and the ironGears are doing the trick quite nicely too.

And I do seem to be going thru a semi phase at the moment (I know it could be my age,, and that doctors have tablets for such things), but this and the Artcore Jazzer I got a few weeks back are edging everything else out at the moment. The AC15 might have a little to do with that, of course, as nothing sounds cooler.

As for The Busted Dot, well this time I am going to keep it (ha - I heard the sharpish-in-took-breathing) and I think I will put a Bigsby on it at some point too, and maybe even  find a new Mr Bump plaster. And that will be that. Apart from that I'm going to put some flatwounds on it. Or maybe that was the Jazzer, can't remember.

La la laaaa

No comments: