Friday 12 July 2013

Electric Boogaloo - A plonk together


Well, I finally got happy with the whitewashed and slightly battered fence finish for The Boogaloo One, so before I put it together proper-like, I thought I'd do the traditional plonk together and see how it looks.

As you can see it is 620 ish, though a center-blocked semi ash body is perhaps non-traditional.

Nailed to that will be the rather nice CBS and big-of-head Strat neck, all maple and rosewood.

A lovely Mojo loom is going to pull things together (though as I didn't want the little blend pot, that is AWOL and the jack socket will take it's place up front.)

Of course there will be a Ricky bridge to go with the rather lovely Bigsby, and best of all are the pair of Mojo Pickups' Toaster-shaped Gold Foil pickups, which after The Hartlepool I am generally salivating about playing.

And there we are. I won't actually get it together today - no surprise there - but next week is the last of freedom so it really must happen.

La la laaaa



No comments: