Saturday 7 August 2010

I hate to go on a bit, but...

I had a couple of people ask if I would build them a Jooky guitar again this week, which is always nice, but I'm afraid it is still a bit of a cringing 'no' moment.

I've no doubt said it before, but the making of them is the fun part for me - the deciding what to make is the interesting part, after all, as it is all about what parts are available - and if I start to have to think about what guitar somebody wants, and then sourcing the parts, well, I might as well set-up as a business, and there isn't a lot of joy to be had for me in such things.

For the record then, what I do is make guitars that I will be quite happy to keep forever. I put them up for sale for a couple of reasons, firstly as the money lets me build something else making this a free * hobby, and secondly because I really haven't got any need for lots of guitars (ahem) and if they started to stack up I wouldn't really be able to make any more without developing a harder skin...and investing in a crash helmet.

So, if you fancy one of our guitars, keep an eye on what is available. I'm always open to offers and trades (unless I'm really broke, thinking about the latter, which is most of the time) and sooner or later one may well come along that toots your horn, as it were...

Better still, make your own. It's far more fun than buying one, believe me. I think I'll do an easy-to-follow, How-to guide, that might help.



* There may be a few caveats to that particular statement, if you know what I mean...

No comments: