Tuesday 12 April 2011

WIP - The Lulu One

Well, a bit of sun and things go nice all of a sudden, and better still I even managed to grab a few hours over the last few days to get a trot on as far as The Lulu One goes.

As you can see in the plonked together WIP shot, the body is now lacquered, the neck now fits and generally we are getting somewhere...

It still needs to be wired up, the nut needs to be fitted and all manner of other stuff, but right now it looks pretty cool to me.

I'm not sure the fotos catch it proper-like, but the copper leaf looks different depending on the angle you look at it, which is cool.




Where it has been eaten thru on the top, the paisley looks exceptional, as it does on the back and sides of course.

I know this is quite a leap in many ways, but it feels like a great guitar already and I can't wait to hear the Bare Knuckle Brown Sugar at a decent volume...

Well, and there we are.

Hopefully it will be completed in the next couple of days.

Speaking of which, The Blue Moon one just needs soldering too, which I want to do tonight or tomorrow given half a chance...

Heh ho and on we go..

No comments: