Monday 4 April 2011

Bit of a Track to the Side

Well, while the lacquer-dry-repeat cycle is going on as far as the Blue Moon One goes, and then can't-solder-until-the-kids-are-at-school-tomorrow one sorts itself out as far as the Loveless One is interested, I got a little sidetracked by an old, battered Strat body I've had lay around for a while. And the left over gold, copper and variegated gold leaf that was stuck in a box.
The body I got ages ago and it truly relicked in every way - including being chewed by a rabid mutt in some places. Still, it is nice and light, but I've never really got around to using it for anything. You want a flat surface for the fabric most of the time, and well, this is battered. It has to be said.

Anyway, I got to wondering what  it would look like gilded and fancied messing around with the different types and going for something more aged from the start - less lacquer than the Golden Shower and Loveless ones have 'enjoyed'.

So this is where it is at. Total chaos and verily Jooky. I've deliberately gone for a 'where it drops' approach right down to literally dropping the leaf onto it then panicking it into some semblance of coverage. I've also left gaps of course and roughed it up even more.




I'm still not sure whether it is a trial for something or it will actually become a guitar yet. Guess we'll see, I'm not a big one for throwing things away, after all.

No comments: