Saturday 23 April 2011

Searching For The One One

I've been thinking about this for quite a while, and as a premier builder of individualistically beautifilled guitars (ahem), I thought it was about time that I created a signature guitar - you know, came up with a guitar that somebody superbly fameified plays publicly that everybody else points at and sort of says 'Wow, if he plays one of them there Jooky guitars, then they must be truly cool and I should play one too'. Leading to queues of people wanting to buy sweatshop build 'replicas' and multimillionaire status.

Obviously that isn't what I want though.

Instead, I thought it would be a lot cooler to make a signature guitar for somebody who isn't a household name. In fact, for somebody that I, at least, haven't heard of.

Don't get me wrong I would like to make one for somebody who plays in a band and does a decent amount of gigs each year and doesn't mind being seen in public clutching one of my babies, but I won't be paying them and as it will be the only one I'll ever make, there won't be royalties either. So basically, they will get a free guitar and that is that.

It will however be fun, I hope, and there we are. Oh, they will have to appear on this blog/web site here and there too.

But how to pick this personage? Well, I guess I could have a competition, that would make sense, and it should probably be on line. Maybe I'll do that - people could tell me in thirty words why they should be 'the one'. Or better still, maybe they should describe the guitar (at least that way I can work out if it is something I can build... la la).

Anyway, that is the plan - our first and probably only signature player, the one one.

Coming soon, when I get around to it.

5 comments:

fat old man said...

that sounds like a great idea. Sadly I'm not sure I'd be elligible - as I'm the proud owner of 2 of your masterpeces and getting a third would just be greedy.

I've really enjoy playing The Funky One with the Hot Slag pickup - makes me play dirty, very dirty and that may get into some new recordings. The problem is it seems to be dominating my sound as Ienjoy playing it so much (great neck too)

I'm just coming to terms with The Peace Train One which seem unremarkable until you put on the Wah and Distortion and it's just crazy. The more I play it the more I like the crazyness.

You keep tempting me with more of your creations but luckily other people keep buying the first - therefore I remain happily married.

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

Hi FoM

Just been reading your email - I'll answer soonest.. :)

The Peace Train One is definitely the oddest guitar I've 'experienced', but very intriguing in every way...

On the comp. I'm not quite sure how best to do it at the moment - we'll just have to see, but three isn't always a crowd, so you never know..

Dickinstein said...

Well you'd get good coverage out of me as I gig on military bases alot , im moving to oxfordshire in the next 2 months and ill be gigging there for a year untill I move to nottinghamshire and straight into a band for more giggings ;-) Plus id love a tele or a lp :-) :-)

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

You sound perfect Dickenstein :) I can see I need to sort my head out on this...pronto.

(Make a change, wouldn't it? ;)

Dickinstein said...

Ok mate lol , let me know if you want me to do it when your sorted . I'd love to help ,and finally play one of your guitars:-)