Friday 1 April 2011

Born of Frustration

Well, the bits I was waiting for, to let me complete the Loveless One arrived just now, but unfortunately, a little late for me to use them today...

Tis a shame, have to be next week now, I guess.

In the meantime then, I thought I'd sidetrack meself and get started on the Blue Moon One - the blue paisley Jaguar type of thing I was talking about.

So, as you can see, I have started to put the fabric on. OK, you can't really see yet, but you will next time around.

What else you can't see is that I have sorted the neck out too, and best of all gilded the scratchplate. (I can't remember if I mentioned but I wanted to try a copper leaf scratchplate, and I think it should work nicely here... That is being lacquered at the moment, which will no doubt take the weekend, but it should look good (I keep telling myself). We'll see once it is finished anyway.

So not a total dead loss of a day in the end after all.

No comments: