Wednesday 27 April 2011

Introducing The Pink Panther One

Well, the plan was to finish The Blue Moon One, but a lack of time due to forgotten appointments, and the fact that this little dah-lin' caught my eye, it just had to be the Pinky that I made today instead.

I have no shame

But here she is, and man she plays beautifully.

Anyway, proper details later, I'm sure, but for the record...

A handmade, ash offset body - Jaguar/Jazzmaster-inspired, take your pick...

A lovely maple and rosewood neck - sooper-low action (by my standards anyway) all buzz-free and super quick.

A truly oh-my-god paisley finish - which is very, very un-runkled around the edges.

Not quite sure how that happened, but I guess I wanted to 'keep the lines true', as it were.

The scratchplate is of course gilded with the finest 23 Karat gold leaf, and suitably worn and generally aged.

It looks stunning in 'real life' without being gaudy somehow.

Actually, I'm not really sure what happened with this guitar it is quite neat for some reason.

Pickups are some Fender ones - I'll have to try and
remember what they are, but I think they are Custom '69 Strat ones...

And there we are. Stunningly cool.

I'm off to play a bit...

No comments: