Thursday 7 April 2011

Getting Coppery

During - paisley on and drying
Well, waiting for other things to happen - like me getting my finger out to finish The Blue Moon One, for instance, and mourning the fact that The Loveless One only stuck around for less than a day, I thought it was about time I did something about my Copper-topped Tele.

This has gone on a bit, I admit, but I finally cut the nut slot on the maple neck yesterday, which I've dreaded doing but proved to be quite easy once I'd had a couple of tips and faced down my demons. So there were no more excuses really.

Anyway, today has seen the beautiful pine body be attacked from the rear with a paint brush and some lovely golden paisley. That is the plan see, paisley on the sides and back, copper top on the, err, top, I guess. That is going to have a bit of a twist as it happens, but we'll come to that another day.

Before - am I doing this wrong?
Other than that, this is the Esquire type-of-bobbins I keep mentioning, a single Bare knuckle Brown Sugar pickup at the bridge, nowt at the neck and some interesting leccytronics to give a few more options.

Tis going to be good, I think.

I'd have one more twang on the Loveless One, but it is in a case in a box in some brown paper, awaiting a courier, as per.

La la laaaa

p.s. I know it has had 47 different names already, but I've decided to call it the Lulu One, for many reasons, most of them obvious.

No comments: