Tuesday 5 April 2011

Sometimes things go well, and others...

Well, last night I thought I'd follow on and try a few things with my multi-gilded Strat body, as let's face it, testing things out was really the point of it.

So, I thought I'd have a go at artificially helping along the ageing process and maybe even do a bit of DIY patination.

Clutching a variety of household poisons, I gave the guitar a sprinkle or three and if you look closely at the fotos you'll see that I had some success. (Or maybe it has developed bread mould over night)

It is interesting though, and in a couple of cases it has gone thru to the wood behind so that that is exposed, which is a nice surprise... Pretty cool in truth.

More play with that today - there's no point doing it if I can't fix the effect in some way afterwards, after all.

Speaking of lacquer (though I hadn't mentioned it), I gave the front of the Blue Moon One a good coat, and it turned out really well - the full Blackpool landlady '70s table cloth look.

Unfortunately, I hadn't thought things thru and instead of hanging the body from the skies (garage roof) as I normally do, I had it rested on a couple of sponges on a workbench.

Which made life simpler, until I moved it and the sponges had stuck and disintegrated all over the back.

Bit of sanding to do there (least I hope that will get rid of it, anyway. Not really a Jooky type of effect I can live with.

Ah you live, you learn, you repeat your mistakes. (I did something very similar on the verily first guitar I ever sprayed....)

No comments: