Wednesday 6 April 2011

WIP - The Blue Moon One

Well, it's the usual can't be bothered to screw or solder it all together type of 'Artist's Impression', that you have no doubt gotten used to around here, but I thought I'd give you a glimpse of how the Blue Moon One might well look when I get around to finishing it...

Though saying that, as it is obviously a bit of a 'Slacker' guitar, maybe it should remain forever unfinished, I dunno.

Anyway, from the top,
- it is an Ash Jaguar-esque body,
- hand made maple neck with the perfect big headstock crowning it's glory.
- Pickups are some Hot lipsticks with the middle one reverse wound for a hum-free yet still single of coil experience.


I've used these before, of course, and they give a lot more than the jingle-jangle you'd expect.

- As for the finish, it is a sea-green paisley with a hand gilded copper leaf scratchplate.

- And finally a Telecaster switch tip and Gibson Top Hat knobs, for a touch of retro goodness.

Sounds more like a menu, when I put it like that...

Anyway, groovy is as groovy does..

No comments: