Monday 4 April 2011

Monday, Monday

Wire Me Up Baby Doll
Well, it seems I'm in the midst of an activity-flurry as far as Jookiness is concerned. The Loveless One just needs to be wired and bolted, The Blue Moon One is nearly ready for a bit of lacquer and god forbid, I've even decided on the pickups and found them too (as in acquired) and the lipstick loveliness should arrive sometime this week.

So it could actually be that I finish a couple of guitars without getting balder/greyer.

Odd, most odd indeedy.

To top it all, I even sorted out the pickups for my Old Burny guitar - the Les Paul I'm building based on an '80s Burny carcass. Somehow, I managed to get my mits on  a pair of Bare Knuckle Mules - which are basically bang-on-the-money-honey hand scattered pickups based on the exact recipe Gibson used back in the day when they made good guitars. Best of all they come with 'double-cream' covers, so they might look like ye olde traditional P90s if you squint a bit.

I did actually consider putting P90s in, but I've wanted a nice Les Paul for ages now and I'd only end up still wanting one whilst I loved the P90s, if that makes sense. The only question is whether I flip the magnet on the neck pickup for some of that Peter Green out-of-phase nonsense, or do I just see how I get on and maybe have a go at doing that if I get bored..

Lacquer me Sugar
Decisions, decisiveness-not-at-all.

Whatever. I'm kinda planning on getting onto that baby once the Loveless and the Blue Moon-like One are feeling more together. (Although my copper topped Tele is of course a consideration. No doubt it will be whichever one I think I'm meant to be doing at the moment of most boredom etc. You know the score.)

But there we are, so many plans, so little energy. Time will tell.

I am soooo very Zen.

No comments: