Friday 22 April 2011

In truth, very little

Well, it's been a quiet few days in terms of guitars in Jookyland, though in other ways more bedlam-like. Typical school holibobs really.

I have done very little in truth, though I did decide to get my head together as far as the Skull & Roses covered Explorer is yet to go, and have stripped it back to the wood - or at least the varnish on top of the wood, and know what I'm going to do with it.

As I said before, I'd got a couple of platinum covered Gibson pickups for it which should be suitably raunchy (a word I never thought I'd find myself writing seriously, if I am, of course) and I've decided on the finish too for good measure.

I haven't got it yet but I'm looking at Molten Iron for the top, and wood back and sides at the moment. Whether this ends up as rusty metal or something more spectacular - well, there is a bit of work to be done until I find out.

As for the lonely three waiting for their measure of solder, nothing has changed though I'll hopefully turn my gaze in their direction next week on one of the two days the brats are back learning something. We'll see I guess.

Ho diddy hum. Have a fine Easter...

No comments: