Tuesday 5 April 2011

Introducing The Loveless One

Well, my little SG baby has all grown up at last after a frightening flurry of activity earlier today. and she is now be-stringed and sounding like a little demon.

For the record then, this is The Loveless One.

It is a mahogany bodied, maple necked, rosewood fretboarded thing of beauty.

The neck was a leftie one I'd bought and is hand-made and nitro lacquered (apart from where I've messed about with it), with the headstock being re-shaped for that reverse thingie.

The top has been gilded with a variegated and generally aged golden leaf (ersatz this time) and looks amazing, the photos look pale by comparison - I really should buy a proper camera.

The tuners are Wilkinson Schaller types and rock solid.

The nut is bone.

The neck pickup is an IronGear Alchemist 90 humbucker sized P90 - which is ungodly,

and the bridge pickup is a Gibson one that has basically been modified by changing the ceramic magnet for an Alnico one, so that it turns all ugly duckling like into a beautiful slice of '70s rock - a T-Top pickup humbucker thing.


The usual three way switch,
two tones,
two volume complete the picture,
and there we are.

Soundwise, the P90 is everything you'd hope for, like a Strat on steroids - excellent sound to it both clean and over-the-top-driven.

The T-Topped bridge pickup, just hits that spot perfectly - I've been playing Doors tunes since I got this together and it has that Krieger/Kossoff sound in spades.I'm well impressed.

Anyway, I'm off to Break on Thru, or something

No comments: