Monday 18 April 2011

Everything is broken

OK - in the school holibobs, as I may have mentioned once or twice, things can take a turn for the disorderly, even by my own standards. Time to do 'stuff' is at a premium and usually grabbed in between teeny and weeny chunks, and generally it is often a case of doing something rather than following thru in an orderly manner.

Not that I do that normally, but I always think i will do sometime.

So, I thought I'd do meself a wee check list so that I can see where I stand...

1. The Pink Panther One - This has been paisleyified, and has also now been lacquered, in an off-and-on manner. It looks good, so far. Other than that, the scratchplate has been gilded and lacquered, and I have wired up the pickups. As for the neck, I've got one now which is lovely, and it even has the name of the headstock - just not burned in yet  In summary, in the pink. (Tee & hee) Rather typically then, the last one I started is closest to being finished.

2. The Blue Moon One - All done apart from the wiring, which I've started but not yet finished. Looking awesome, it has to be said and I just want to play the thing now

3. The Lulu One, body is complete, neck needs some work and I need to wire it up. Cool, but not yet killer. The finish though is awesome, I can't help but keep looking at it.

So as far as those three go, it is soldering time I need, which is the hardest thing of all to get right now.

Other than that, I've had a bit of a change of heart on something else. A while back I mentioned that I'd got an Explorer-esque shape guitar - lovely bit of mahogany and everything else. Anyway, at the time I was thinking of doing something more high-voltage, than is normally my want, and so had got a couple of PRS Tremonti pickups, and then some Super Distortion/PAF Di Marzios. I even covered it with a lovely roses and skulls finish and then, basically, well nothing happened.

In time I flogged on the pickups, and the body has sat there half finished for ages now. I could say I don't know why, but I guess i do really as it had never totally grabbed me for some reason, and so I've done other things that have interested me more.

Today then I decided that I would rather start again with it. It'll make a wonderful guitar, and I've just snaffled some other ones for the bridge with numbers i e of the other ones for the bridge with numbers i can't recollect as I sit typing this.

So the plan now is to give it a completely different look, remove the skull and roses and make it more of a classic rocker, than a fizzy heavy metal 'axe'. I'm excited about it again now and am a plotting and a planning, which is a good sign. It'll probably get finished that way and on current form it will just be waiting to be soldered along with everything else. Such is life in Jookyland.
Other than that, I grabbed a few yards of paisley fabric. I've come to the conclusion that I like the idea of mixing things up, but I am still a sucker for a fat quarter.

Blah blah blah.Everything is

No comments: