Wednesday 1 February 2012

Yeah, Yeah - The Magic Brush

Well, after the excitement of The Iceblink One yesterday - and a few hours tweaking it into something verily nice indeed, it is back to part two of this week's unfolding tissue-dramatica, The Dust My Broom One.

Magic Brush With Stripey Paint - Lush
(Actually, I do still need to do a bit more work on The Iceblink One, as I think I may have shaved the nut a wee bit excessively and the high E string is a bit plinkier than I'd like - but it's close I tell thee, close.)

But The Dust My Broom One - when we left it, it was feeling kind of rusty around the back, but not much of a lot else.

Without you noticing, this got a bit of a lacquering and some may have left it there and alone, but not here.

Not me.

Oh no.

Nope, from there the front got a smothering in bronze, then a bit of a feathering in copper with a minging dribbling of acid to follow, for some splishy sploshy bluey-blue-ness. This too has now been lacquered and is all colourific and gorgeous.

I've also gone for a simple copper-shrekked 'plate, which goes quite sweetly too.

(Like an iPad app advert, I may have speeded the gaps between the stages up a wee bit).

Anyway, come this morning, it is looking particularly barking and 3 of dimensional, and so we are back to some more of the lacquer stuff and there we are.

Once that is done, it is all about pickups really, and this is where I've had a bit of a change of heart.

I was planning on going trad with the Mojo 50s/60s pickup, and keeping it all Esquire-like, but then something else came spidering in from the left-field which made me go 'Hmmm'.

Now, I must admit I've always thought of them as sooper-hot ceramic and sterile, but apparently you can get a set of Tele pickups with Alnico in their core from EMG, and it is those that The Dust My Broom One are going to boast...

Not too sure about the Skate-tastic black pickup covers, but such is life. You have to grasp the nettle if you want some tea, or something.

So...tis a bit of a shot in the dark, it has to be said, and I haven't even thought about where the battery will go yet, but it simply has to be done and should be fun.

I ask you, active pickups in a Tele, little old me, I ask yer indeedy?

So in summary, lacquer and drying, with a sprinkle of fairy dust, to taste.

La la la, Summertime and living is E and Zee

Give Me Bronze
Give Me Copper


Give Me Ass-eeed



No comments: