Wednesday 15 February 2012

Waiting For The Man. Again....

The Old Burny and Gypsy Ones
Edging Toward the Door
Well, yesterday's courier did the typical no-show, so I'm kinda resigned to another day of thumbs-a-twiddle. On the plus side it is also new Tele day, so the brats will be pleased once they realise I mean a television, rather than a Fender.

I am sadly, rather chuffed that they immediately think it is a guitar that is going to arrive.

Or maybe chuffin' sad, I dunno.

Either way, it will no doubt be a day of waiting and I still won't get The Dust My Broom One soldered. Or bathe luxuriant in the crystal icepickedness of those there EMG thingies.

On the plus side, the shopping is going well...

The Ronin One now has a pair of New-Old-Stock (NOS for evermore) Gibson Marauder pickups, designed by that Bill Lawrence chap again who made the Old Burny One sing so sweetly.

It also has a scratchplate, a nut and some paint and acid on the way. Left to get are a bridge, a wiring loom from Fake58 and some tuners. There are some on it, but if I assume they are shonky I can only be nicely surprised. They look shonky though, has to be said.

As for The Foxy Roxy One, I've gone for a rather warm pair of Gibson 'buckers from an '80s Les Paul Custom. These are thought to be 'Velvet Bricks' which again I think were Lawrence-designed and are hot - sort of the fore-runner of the Dirty Fingers pups.

I wanted this one to be hot and heavy, hot blues, and rock rather than full on metal, you get the picture. That is waiting for a bridge and some tuners once everything else arrives. So looking good too.

I've got a really good feeling about these two anyway, so it will be good to crack on, methinks.

As for my fretless Iceblinking One, I got a nut blank so I'm going to sort that out today.

All of which sounds uber productive, but basically is skirting and dancing around the edges of the perimeter of things. But if you can't live in hope etc.

But back in reality and out of the vapourware lands of once-upon-a-time, I still haven't finished The Dust My Broom One, and I'm bored.

I hate waiting for couriers,
did I mention?

La la la.

No comments: