Wednesday 22 February 2012

WIP: The Ronin One

Keep On Ronin...
Well, I started on the soldering of the EMGs...and am planning to try and kill it off this evening (so hopefully more later.)

I may though, have gotten a teensy bit totally side-tracked by The Ronin One, and instead have got that further along the tracks leading to looking-like-a-guitar-again junction.

And (changing subjects rapido) it is looking pretty hot. I am loving the blurry corrosion of the copper and decided that the black/white/black 'plate set it off rather nicely, so I resisted the urge to do something with that too.

As the observant among you may note, I am still waiting for the bridge to cross 'the pond' but hopefully that will be here soon as, well, the strings can be a bit floppy without one. Though who am I to criticise?

The psychic among you may also have taken notice of the fact that there is a Gordon Smith pickup at the neck. This is there for two reasons, one of which is that it had the right vibe, with the other one being that the NOS Gibson pickup that should be there is also swimming the Atlantic as we speak. Or rather I do.

In truth I will try both and see which sounds best.

As for the rest, well I've gone for a three-way-switch in the end rather than the blend pot. Can't quite remember why, but it is probably because the switch looked better there than a knob would have done. It has a chrome tip, which I think explains well enough.

King Shallow, I am, tis true.

So there we are.

Back to the soldering later on.

I hope.

Although The Old Burny One just arrived and in a fit of enthusiasm I decided to change the knobs and managed to knacker both - no half measures here - tone pots, in the process.

*sigh*

La la laaa.





No comments: