Monday 20 February 2012

The First Coat Don't Hurt At All...

Well, the holibobs are over again, bratskis back at school and it is time to move on.

First up, I really must solder the solderless EMG pickups into The Dust My Broom One. I am sort of desperately curious to find out how that little beaut sounds. It looks mad with the black pickups and, well, I need to do it.

Obviously, while the solder is hotly dripping I may have to tart up my Jazzmaster with some Vitamin Mojo. It'd be rude not to, after all.

Assuming that they don't take the whole week, it will be on with The Ronin and Foxy Roxy Ones with some bronze and coppery mayhem.

Still waiting for a hand-to-be-filled-with-parts, but I can get the finishes, err, started, I guess.


(OK, in a moment of weakness, I put the first coats of Copper and Bronze on. I never said I was a patient chap, but in my defence the soldering iron is warming up. Just one more coffee and I'll be on it, honest.)

Other than that, not a lot to be done really.

As for the MR £100 Challenge, my ideas have all got too expensivo, so I'm going back to the future and doing just-one-more-after-all...single bucker'd Strat. I haven't done one in ages and I have all these old '70s Strat parts - the solid brass block rings like a bell - and Gretsch pickups, and, and, and....well, there we go.

I've got some walnut burr veneer, which might go nice with - dare I say it - a touch of paisley.

We'll see anyway, plenty of fish to fry-up before then, methinks...

La la laaaa

No comments: