Tuesday 28 February 2012

Of Foxy Roxy and the BDSM One

Well, I thought I'd get my parts together for The BDSM One, the Strat I'm going to build for the Music Radar £100 Challenge during March, mainly to see what I'm missing.

Despite not finding all of them among the part explosion, it seems like I am not so far off.

From the top:

1. Squier Strat Body and Neck.

2. Nice roll of sparkly, yet tastefilled, paisley fabric.

3. A small but perfectly formed collection of walnut veneer wood stuff thingy.

4. '70s Strat bridge - solid brass and well zingy. Claws and springs etc. Not sure where they are, but they will turn up somewhere.

5. One Jazzmaster bridge pickup (MIJ)

6. One Gretsch Humbucking neck pickup

7. Electrical bobbins - pots, switch, jack - thanking Simon at Fusion.

8. One funky capacitor - similarly thanking Mojo Pickups,

9. Strap Pins

Things I need to get that I haven't yet:

a. Scratchplate - though I might make this out of something. In fact I am tempted to paisleyificate the body and walnut veneer the scratchplate, but we'll have to see.

b. Tuners - I have a set of barely-OK-ones, which if the budget is tight I might use, but I'm hoping I can sell some of the parts from the Strat I don't need to fund something decent.

c. Knobs - I want to use a couple of Gretsch knobs, but it depends on the budget. If not it will be a couple of whatever-I-have-lay-around ones.

So not so bad.

Before that though, I intend to finito The Foxy Roxy One as the remaining parts should be here tomorrow. This is my little bronze corroded, oaken of body Firebird sort of thing. It has kinda jumped ahead of The Dust My Broom One as I still haven't sorted out the pickups for that baby, but such is life.

I must admit (as per) I can't wait to play the Foxy Roxy One, there is something that is just wrong about the shape in a very cool way, and I'm loving the look of it.

And that be about that.

La la laaa




No comments: