Monday 27 February 2012

Crawling Along In My Automobile

Sex on a sticky stick
Well, I can honestly say that last week was a bit frustrating in lots of ways, but I'm happier now I've decided to replace the EMGs with something more archaic in The Dust My Broom One

I'm a Luddite, what can I tell you?

The end of this week sees the start of the Music Radar £100 Challenge, for which I am lacking in the part department. Not over-worried about that as there is a month to sort it all out, and I'm more interested in trying something different anyway. I'm going to have a go with the router to at least have a Jazzmaster pickup at the neck.

That is the first job, so should be interesting. As I said it'll be a bit of a paisley and wood veneer look which I think should work well, if there is enough body left to stick them to after the nascent rootling.

I am in the strange position of having three guitars all waiting on parts yet nothing in particular to do, which is a tad annoying, but it will be good when I catch up.

Friday's feeble attempt at recording my Mojo pickup laden Jazzymaster did inspire me to try and record some of the Jooky guitars in future, which is something I've avoided due to lack of talent and an excessive level of sloth in my bloodstream. I might record The Old Burny One this week, as then there is no excuse for those that follow.

I guess I should find some backing tracks, but a few layers from the same guitar seemed like a better way of showing it off, even if the end result isn't all that musical and is played with fists of ham. Plus I've never much liked playing other people's tunes, so I can never been arsed to learn them.

Unless there is a whizzy Bristol based guitarist that wants to have a go at demo-ing them for me...? It doesn't pay, but I make a mean cuppa and have some divine coffee on tap.

La la laaa.

No comments: