Saturday 21 May 2011

#superinjunctions ? I've had a few, but then again...too few etc.

I must admit that I'm pleased to announce that I am not at all interested in #superinjunctions, I don't use Twitter and I don't even know who Imogen Thomas is/was/wanted to be in the first place.

This site is limited to guitars and football (here and there) and West Brom playing the Geordies tomorrow is far more interesting to me.

Though whether Fergie plays his first eleven against Blackpool on Sunday does interest me, I have to admit.

I would love Blackpool to stay up, so if he decided not to play Player A on the left wing, Player B at Centre forward, and Players C, D, and E across the middle it would suit me down to the ground. Especially if it meant that Wolves and the Blue-noses both go down.

Actually, somebody just told me that this Imogen wench is a singer and is putting a band together and will be doing gigs in Manchester.

I'm guessing that is a joke, but I don't understand why it is funny.

But this is Jookyland - so what's the plan?

Well, not a lot happened yesterday in the end - long story of longer lost relatives - but there we are. I am somewhat inspired now to get on with things as it is the last week before the school holidays and history tells us that such times tend to bring the urgency out in me, after all.

So the plan - well, The Blue Moon One, which is the very definition of 'easy win', and I'm going to get a new soldering iron today, methinks, so in terms of things to do - that has to be numero ein.

After that, I'm going to cane The Crowley One, as that seems to be dry now and I am loving the rather aged stone cracking-all-over look of the finish. Plus think I have all the parts, which is always a bonus. It would be a good one to get done, methinks, though where I get a tweedy case for an Explorer, I really don't know (All suggestions on a postcard).

I decided on black hardware for that one for some reason - probably aesthetic - though can't remember if I got any tuners or not, I'll have to see. The neck is done anyway, though I might need to try and do a bit more on the headstock as it looks a wee bit bland. Burning logos into a dark background means they don't stand out so well, so I might have a go at filling the words with a bit of 'leaf'. Not sure how that will work, but worth a try.

If I get those two sorted, I'll be doing well, but I'm also at least going to have a pop at The Old Burny One. I have all the parts for this, so it is a finishing thing - aged gold. Whether that would dry by the end of the week, I'm not sure but it has more chance if I start it, of course.

Anyway, usual end-of-week vague promises of action sometime in the near future. Time will tell.

In other news, you may have noticed that The Golden Shower One is no longer for sale. A rather insight-filled friend of mine pointed out that I didn't want to sell it in the first place and he was quite right. So I'm going to keep it, for now at least.

I know it breaks 'The Rule' so I'm sure it won't be a permanent state of being, but there we are. Just don't tell anybody, I might have to sue you to suppress something that didn't really matter in the first place. And how silly would that be?

My first Jooky guitar, how cool is that?

No comments: