Friday 20 May 2011

1980s Burny Gold Top - Want

I just saw this on MR - a rather beautifully aged Burny Gold Top from the 1980s. Now, this is most definitely my kind of thing - it is gold, it has P90s and the finish is cracked, crazed and well worn.

In fact, I would rather like it muchly indeed.

Now, being brassic, I'm not going to be able to have one imported from Japan, which is just life like, but I do happen to have a rather stripped down 1980s Burny lay about the place, and was planning on giving it a (real) golden top, and then making it look all cracked and crazed.

Some coincidence, I know, but there we are.

Now, I've not got around to it - and the pickups are Bare Knuckle Mules, of course, though they have cream covers...but maybe, just maybe this is the kick from behind I've needed to get going...

Could this indeedy be the day that I start it?

Who can say, it is Friday and nothing of worth ever happens on a Friday - a universal truth. Even The Good Friday Agreement took until the following Wednesday to be wrapped up. And well, Good Friday itself - when you think about it - wasn't that 'good' for the chap nailed to a cross, now was it?

(I might have my history wrong somewhere - though no doubt this post will be referenced by some eedgit via Wikipedia and my ignorance will in time become a universal truth/received wisdom/the facts of life. So you may laugh today, but tomorrow, well, Uncle Orwell is coming to get you...)

But there we go, I really want a golden topped Burny with cracks on it.

Cool.

Maybe I should finish the others first though?

1 comment:

Dickinstein said...

I was actually going to email you and ask if there were any photos of the the burny one . How bizarre !