Tuesday 24 May 2011

Edging Closer To A Golden Dawn

Well, what can I say...?

The Blue Moon One is still to be finished as I managed to knacker up the switch and didn't have a replacement handy. Tis on it's way now, so fingers crossed it won't take too long to arrive and be fitted.

Turning into something Homer-esque at the moment. (Simpsons or Greek, take your pick.)

On the positive side of things, I did however manage to finish The Crowley One - well, apart from the missing scratchplate, but that is an easy 'fit' once I find it. Fotos to follow once I have, but at the moment I've got a little bit on set-up to do, in between jumping in the air and hitting minor power chords.

As for the sound, well, I'm really rather impressed. Very much 'Classic' Rock, but it tones down well for a nice bluesy-ness, and can also get very hot if you so wish.

Sounds amazing with a fuzz pedal, has to be said.  Indeedy, as I said before, it is a couple of Gibson pups from a Les Paul Platinum, and with the mahogany body and neck, it really hits the mark. The neck pickup (the '57) is definitely my favourite sound - real old school - but flicking to the bridge you get more oomph. all nice and clear too, I'm rather pleased.

Be good to get it done, as it is going somewhere special methinks.

Other than that, I was having a closer look at the SG body I got the other day, and being quite a detail person, I (finally) noticed that it hasn't got a hole for either the switch or the output Jack.

It did have, but they have been filled in.

Now, OK, maybe I'm missing something, but two volume, two tone, two pickups - at a stretch you could have both on all the time and choose between them by turning the individual pickup volumes up or down, though mid-song would be interesting, but no output jack would slow things down, wouldn't it?

Maybe I am missing something.
What do I know anyway?

Right, Crowley, action, intonation, check. Better get going...

p.s. Just found my lovely platinum leaf covered scratchplate under a pile of poetry books. Can you imagine? Fotos later then when it is all assembled proper-good-like...

No comments: