Tuesday 3 May 2011

Busy Doing Nowt, In Truth.

Well, day one of my newly forged freedom-to-create and I achieved precisely nothing. The Explorer body is however ready to go - can I claim I delegated?

The Funky One - Never To Be Forgotten *sniff*
Or am I in danger of being accused of sweatshop/child labour exploitation?

I did pay my lad in Jaffa Cakes, but will that swing it?

Anyway, one thing I did do was get the neck ready and decide on the body coverage.

As I said before The Crowley One will have a Molten Metal Leaf top, but this will now be accompanied by a low key paisley back and sides, which I think will look pretty cool, it has to be said...

Although I have got some  Platinum Leaf, which might be nice on the back, or perhaps on the scratchplate if I put that back on. Decisions, why can't I make them?

What else? Well, I was going to solder The Blue Moon One's lipstick pickups in, but shaky-hand-syndrome meant it wasn't really a runner, so there we are. Better luck tomorrow I guess.

Oh, I did acquire a Tele custom body that has been routed for either P90 soapbars or humbuckers, that should arrive soonish, which is cool. I love the look of them, and The Funky One - which had a rather hot pickup selection - was one of my fave of the Jooky guitars. Utter lunacy but cool as cool can be once you tamed the savage 'Slag. Pity I got rid of all my P90s, have to find some more I guess.

Ho hum.

4 comments:

Fat Old Man said...

so true about The Funky One. The Hot Slag is what makes it great. It takes a bit of mastering but is an absolutely wicked guitar

Dickinstein said...

Love the filtertron-esque covers on the funky one.

Fat Old Man said...

yeah - I forgot to say how cool it looks - probably my coolest looking guitar (and I have quite a few)

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

FoM - Yes, a lot of times with these guitars it is a bit of a leap of faith - and I wasn't sure how the Hot Slag would go with the Di Marzio, but it really paid off on the Funky One, I was more than chuffed - better still that you are...obv.

Dickenstein - Yeah, I really like the blinginess of covers like that - I really should use them more often - tis all cool :)