Tuesday 10 May 2011

Makes Me Want To Shout

Well, there will be fotos and blurb tomorrow, and a formal introduction no doubt, but I'm really chuffed to have finitoed The Lulu One today, and in so many ways it is a real leap forward.

The 'mixed media' approach of the corroded leaf on top of the fabric finish looks far better than I hoped (to my eyes anyway) and all together it feels like a proper old guitar. Not in a foney relic way, just the choice of old school Tele parts - the bridge and maple neck.

I changed direction slightly in the end as far as the 'sounds' go, which was one of those inspirational things that actually come off in a really cool way and I have to say I can't keep my hands off the old girl.

It makes me want to shout, what more can I say?

As for non-Tele bobbins, well other than starting the Nitro spraying of The Crowley One, Lulu took over, but was worth the time spent.

Tomorrow though, I'm going to have a change of direction and have a go at gluing the neck on the Busted Epi. I've had a few practises sans glue, and everything seems to go into place quite nicely so it is loin-girding time and with a dollop of good fortune, hopefully it will be a painless experience.

Well, fingers-crossed.

As to what happens to it, assuming the neck ends-up straight, I can't really allow myself to think about it too much in case I jinx things, but I am half-tempted to do something splodgy with paint, a la Stone Roses, but then that's been done too many times before. Or I could be radical and keep it stock and just play it, that would make a change.

Heh ho for the open road...

No comments: