Friday 13 May 2011

Friday Night is for Writing

Well, Friday night again, and not a bad week all in all - I'm feeling a bit chipper about having (finally, finally finileatementy) finished The gorgeous Lulu One - and I figured it would be nice to have one final flourish and maybe finish something else before the weekend brought the usual Bratski noise.

And so the plan today was to sort out The Blue Moon One, as man with the Pink Panther gone, I needed a bit of offset back in my life.

I was also going bullet-biting and gluing the Bosted Epi's neck.

What was there to lose?


But The Blue Moon One. To recap, the finish is done, everything is bolted together and all that is left is for me to wire in the delight-filled pleasure zones that are the Kent Armstrong Hot Lipstick pickups. If I could at least manage that much soldering I'd be prettily chuffed, methinks.

Other than that, The Crowley One got a couple more coats of lacquer, and now it will just be drying time as far as the body goes, and a bit of sanding - to rough it up rather than smooth it, obviously.

I'm also secretly pacing the ward floor awaiting for a new delivery, as there is a DHL stork out there somewhere with my latest child in the back - the Burns-a-like thingie who's name escapes me right now. What is it called, I really can't remember as I'm typing this away from my enhanced memory (my email and internet connected computer). I'm thinking it begins with a 'M', but I could be wrong.

Oh, Shergold - that were it.

Still, that'll be nice, haven't played one before and I've been practising all those lovely guitar parts I can half play from Saint Julian and Peggy Suicide (About 3 minutes worth in total).

Other than the art,  man, I've been thinking about the commerce, and I'm coming around to the idea that I should have a kind of swap shop approach to flogging the guitars.

Instead of just listing prices, maybe I should have a bit of a wish list of things I'd trade them or part-ex them for. I mean, OK getting parts costs money, but maybe if you wanted the Lulu One and had a set of interesting pickups I'd like to try, or a nice Wamouth neck etc. Well, it makes it easier doesn't it? Nobody has got loads of money at the moment and trading is fun after all.

I'll have to think about that a bit.

And as it happens the Busted Dot got it's neck glued in the end, which is cool - least I hope it is. I'll find out tomorrow night for sure when it has all set good and proper-like.

But The Blue Moon One, I really do need to play those pups.. So come Monday...

No comments: