Sunday 1 May 2011

Buy My Guitars? Just Don't Feel You Have To Rush....

The Pink Panther One - Funky as a Funkster in Platforms
It's funny making all these Jooky guitars, because every time I do one it is because I want to play it - I make them to my taste, if you see what I mean, and then due to 'the rules of Jookydom' I have to move them on.

You could, of course, ask

"Why do you have to move them on?"

and I would have to reply...

"Well, I decided when I started that I couldn't really carry on making guitars and have them pile up for ever more, instead then I promised that I would sell any I made. The good part is that other people seem to want them too, and the money I get from flogging them pays for the parts for the next one I make etc."

Which is the truth, even if it sounds like an arty excuse for commerce, but there we are.

Whatever the truth of it all and whether I'm trying to convince myself more than anyone else - The downside is that I seem to have this constant generation game conveyor belt of guitars I really, really love, slowly moving out of reach.

In fact apart from an old acoustic, I don't actually own a guitar anymore - I just play them between the times when I make them and when they go out the door to pastures new and no doubt owners that can play them a lot better than I can anyway.

I do keep promising myself that I'll buy myself a guitar to play, but they are never quite what I want, if you see what I mean, as really what I want is a Jooky guitar and that is the only sort I can't have.

The Lulu One - All Corroded Copper and Paisley Teledom
The point of this rambling?

Well, I have fancied a Les Paul for ages, but none of the ones I ever try really hit the spot.
Although The Golden Shower One suits me perfectly.

Also, I'd like another Jazzmaster, but would it be better than the ones I've made myself - The Blue Moon One is gorgeous and The Pink Panther One is a funky as F&*k. And don't even get me started on The Psychedelic Surf One.? 

But would I find one to match up to my own made-to-my-taste creations?

Not to my mind as I made them all 'just' how I want them and you can't really improve on that.

So do I break the rules and keep one, or should I just go and buy something and mod it, but not tell anybody it is a Jooky one.

Can I even do that?
I dunno.

Saying all that, I've seen a couple of Yamaha SGs I quite like the look of...and there is always the Old Burny One, and there is a Tokai Lemon Drop I like the look of in a local shop, and maybe, maybe I should just save my pennies and get Wez Venables to make one for me...who knows. I also saw a Vox Teardrop the other day too, and I have wanted one of them for eons, and then of course...

So in summary - I'm loving The Golden Shower One and The Pink Panther One at the moment.
They both are exactly what i want in guitars.
They are both for sale, and no doubt one of these days, they will move on to pastures new, I know that.
Just don't feel you have to buy them just yet, eh?
Give a bloke a bit of fun first eh?
Tis only fair...

No comments: