Tuesday 10 May 2011

Double Vegetation

Just needing Wire & Strings....Lulu Baby
Well, things have started well this week for once, apart from the broken Lulu neck of course. Luckily, a replacement had appeared from the keeper of the Post Office flame only minutes before, so a ready alternative/life-saver was to hand.

It proved to be inspiring anyway, as feeling a bit miffed about the whole episode I put the guitar together with the exception of soldering the pickup and output jack thing in. It looks wicked, I'm pleased to say and the new neck feels all dreamy. So maybe 'It was meant to be' as me gran used to say.

That was yesterday anyway, and today, hopefully I will finally wire up The Blue Moon One and The Lulu One too, so there we are.

As for the Crowley One, well that is drying and will then be fine sanded (I don't actually know if that is what you call it, but it sounds like I do so we'll keep it) and then given a good dose of protective lacquer. I'm going to use nitro on this as I want it to age nicely, being as it has had such a good start.

Other than that, the search is back on for a neck for The One One, as I have everything else I need (not sure on the finish yet, but will be soonish, I expect.) but not a 22 fret maple neck after the one I ordered turned out to be a fret short of a solution.

Oh one thing as far as The Pink Panther One's departure went, I got a part-ex which is a 1978-1980 Shergold Neomarauder (or something). This is a lovely old British guitar, and only 40 of them were made, so that is going to be cool. It has already been modded, so there is no instrinsic historical value to consider, so it should be fun, fun, fun.

Julian Cope plays Shergolds, which is cool. I like Julian Cope...



Anyway, the day is young and I'd better get me iron hot and pokey.

No comments: