Saturday 21 June 2014

You Don't Bring Me Flowers...

Well, I noticed this comment over on Facebook from Jim of The Marksmen fame, and I thought I'd share it as it was, well, nice.

Jim got his hands on The Velvet Pearl One a few weeks ago and is soon to be introducing it to it's Big Bro' The Marksmen One. Which is a whole lot of Mother of Jooky Pearl for one time zone, I have to say.

Anyway what Gentleman Jim had to say was....



Just wanted to post a quick review of the velvety purple one. Looks absolutely stunning. The most interesting, out there, purple oily swirl. The neck is dead straight . Sound wise with the volume rolled back it is pure honky tonk woman plugged straight into an orange valve amp. When you turn it up however you have like a hurricane . A bit more gain on the amp and then you have bored of the USA. A brilliant versatile roaring guitar. Love it.

Which I have to admit made me miss the old girl. See, I keep promising myself that enough is enough and I won't make any more La Cabs, but they are just so very cool it becomes a hard one to keep.

And worse, I have a funky little body under the stairs, and next to that is a La Cab body as well, so in simple terms, what the hell, I might as well.

So this is going to be groovy methinks. It is going to have two pickups for a change, and a splendid black stain with a riotously knackered looking gold leaf top, and maybe even bottom too. 

As for the neck, well, I'm thinking it should definitely have one. 

Yep, a neck is a must I think. 

Definitely a neck. 

Tuners too, and black hardware. I like black hardware. Black and gold, it is kinda stark yet sneakily opulent as well, like a juxtaposition of something black and something else that is more shiny and well, gold.

I think you can see where I'm coming from here.

Oh, and I'm going to keep it. There, something else I promised myself  I'd not do anymore. Say I'm going to keep it. Because I don't have a Jooky to call me own. (shame)

So yes, that will be The Klondike Gold Rush One, coming one day soonish, in a maybe kinda sort of way.

Probably maybe.

La la laaaaaa

No comments: