Sunday 15 June 2014

Sophie Is A Goer

Well, I mentioned that I had got a stupendously cool pedal from Mike at "Life Is Unfair Audio" the other day, but what I failed to mention was the reason we'd been having a natter or three in the first place.

Which was a well poor show on my part.


So what I should have said was that the longer toothed among the regulars of this unlikely blog may remember that in the early days, I had planned to do a few Jooky pedals - in fact the first Jooky Guitar, The Paisley One, had one built-in, as did a couple more along the way.

And not doing them proper-like, has always niggled me a wee bit, and so I asked Mike if he would be interested in collaborating on a pedal that will be exclusively Jooky, and lucky for me he agreed.

And so, the game began. We started talking fuzz, and Mike has been beavering around with his breadboard to come up with something a little different to the norm. See what we decided was that we wanted something simple to use and kinda vintage sounding, but to also be tweakable so that you can reach those mad nutter places we all know and love. And man he is good.

And as we are  now at the point where it is really going to happen, I have to say I am really rather bloomin' excited about the whole shebang. We should have the first finished pedal before too long, and then there are  a few plans to get it out there and see what people think.

And obviously, there will be verily few of these pedals made, all will be individually cool and uniquely groovy, and it doesn't get much betterer than  that.

So that is Sophie's Filthy Boots Fuzz, coming sometime soonish.

La la laaaa

No comments: