Sunday 5 May 2013

Some Think Old, Something New



Well, last week never happened in Jookyland, and that is official, and I won't bore you with plans for the coming week either today as it is far too sunny and despite the brummie influx, it may be a day for the beach at Weston super Mare.

Two nice things did happen though, which managed to be-smile my mush.

Firstly, I had a beautifully miniature teensy valve amp show up in  the deevine shape of a Vox Lil Night Train. I've looked at these for ages as though my Fender Mustang is great, I only use one of the amp sims and none of the effects, so it made sense. (Self Justification Part 4c). I know it is silly, but it feels a lot more real and that is cool. Plus I have an excuse to buy effect pedals again, even though I won't use them and then sell them on at a loss.

Actually, anybody got a fuzz factory? Clones are fine too..but I digress.

So that was the something new.

As for the Old, I finally picked-up The Golden Shower One from my local tech.

Now you may remember back in September 2011, I dropped it off as it had a raised fret that I didn't fancy messing up and then 15 months later heard that he couldn't do anything with it/wasn't worth the effort.

Anyway, I finally picked it up the other day, mainly because I thought the case would be handy for Old Korma. Well, five minutes with a fret file and  all is well with Goldie and man I'd forgotten how muchly fun it is. The Kent Armstrong HB P90s are maybe a tad polite, but still very nice.

The nicest surprise is how well the gold top has aged. This was full monty gold leaf with a nitro lacquer and it looks gorgeous almost like crushed velvet in the right light. (No, not the dark.)

In summary, well pleased with that.

But anyway..

La la laaaaaaaaaaaaa

No comments: