Thursday 30 May 2013

Back On The Chain Gang

Well, with one thing and quite a bit of t'other, there hasn't been a lot to speak of in recent weeks, but next week should see the resurrection of the Jooky Mojo and a tad of added muse, and I'm feeling all excited about it again.

There are a couple of things I need to finish, and I won't bore you with those, but the one that has ignited the pash once more is The Travellin' Man One, which has been on the to-do list for far too long, but there we are.

With a hint of Trigger's Broom, I've thrown away the body and neck I was going to use and had been all-of-a-dither about, and am rather pleased and chuffed that a new body in beautiful swamp ash has arrived. This is going to get a bit of a different finish to the previous norms, but more on that later. If I can pull it off it will be lovely, if not it will, err, probably get covered in old copies of The Portishead Times.

As for the neck, that has been made especially for this guitar by a top notch luthier type who contractually must remain known only by the Nom de Guerre, Jermaine. His name is Adam, but I'm trying to be circumspect. OK, his name isn't even Adam, that's how cool he is. His pseudonyms have nom de plumes.

Other than that, I finally decided on the pickups which will be fresh from Mojo-land when I remember to ask Marc to make them. It is a HSH Strat so I'm going for a PAF 'bucker, a warm single coil in the middle and a Wide Range Humbucker in a HB size at the neck. I'll also get the chap to do me a classy and classic wiring loom that give plenty of options.

Other than even that other, I'm going for a Bladerunner trem, locking tuners and err, anything else I can think of that will make it uber coolski von crypt. With the sprinkles on top of the cherry at the pinnacle being a scratchplate lovingly carved from a beaten old record.

At this point a few fotos would have been handy of course, but as I'm a nowhere man, you'll have to settle for something else.

So The Travellin' Man One, hopefully showing that some things are worth the wait....

La la laaa

2 comments:

Rob Ricci said...

Mate, Rob, Dr Bob here, when you say you've 'thrown away' the original body & neck for the Travelling man one do you men literally ? I ask as this is one of Si's Fusion Guitars ones right ? If you still have it, and or the neck I'd be interested

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

Heh Rob...that were quick. Thrown in the corner might have been a better description...I'll PM you on MR :)